[Harp-L] How to easily memorize Songs/Licks?

Larry Sandy slyou65@xxxxx
Fri Oct 14 14:32:59 EDT 2016

I agree, and have long advocated whistling as a means to an end.  Whistling embeds each note securely in the memory and once there, always there. Whistling has been in my family forever, it seems.  I can still whistle tunes I learned when I was three and four years old.  I can also play them on a moments notice because they are so soundly ( excuse the pun ) embedded in my 71 years old brain.   Besides, whistling is fun, entertaining, always available, and can be used when one wants to annoy others.  LOL
Larry

    On Friday, October 14, 2016 8:25 AM, Michelle LeFree <mlefree at xxxxx> wrote:

 Leonard Schwartzberg wrote:
> No matter how often I practice a song, I don't seem to be able to memorize
> it...

I find that whistling a tune is a great way to internalize it. You can
do it almost anywhere. Rinse and repeat until you can't get it out of
your head. Problem solved.    8^)

Michelle