[Harp-L] How to easily memorize Songs/Licks?

Leonard Schwartzberg leonard1@xxxxx
Wed Oct 12 14:14:48 EDT 2016

Wow!!!!   That is unique, but I will give it a try.    Thanks very much.   Leonard

-----Original Message-----
From: Harp-L [mailto:harp-l-bounces at xxxxx] On Behalf Of The Iceman via Harp-L
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 2:04 PM
To: harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] How to easily memorize Songs/Licks?

Unusual, but very effective approach.

For very long solos or complete songs....

Start by learning a small section of the very end of the song first.

Once absorbed, get the next to last segment as well as continuing to play to the very end of the song.

Once absorbed, get the next to next to last segment, repeating as above.

Continue until the last thing you learn is that very first section.

This is counter intuitive to how we mostly think about learning music, but it's worth a try to see if it makes a difference for you.

The Iceman

> Good morning fellow HARPERS:
>
> What tricks, suggestions, tools, do you use to remember the songs
> or licks?
>
> Thanks, Leonard

---