[Harp-L] Re: Riffs to play in boots or hearts

Ken H in Ohio airmojoken@xxxxx
Mon May 2 19:19:26 EDT 2016

Hi Ian.. I am not familiar with the song, but I found it on YouTube at:

https://youtu.be/uER0SS6bJpw

I listened to it, and tried playing along, and a basic diatonic scale
on a C harp from the 2 draw up to the 9 draw and variations of it can
give you something that works well... and a 4 draw-5 draw trill
bending the 4 draw back and forth works very well too.

The song reminds me of the song "Down Home Girl" by the Rolling
Stones... love that song... give it a listen here:

https://youtu.be/Fp2q3yK8Lrs

Mickey Raphael talks about this basic diatonic scale in an interview
that I watched a while ago, after discovering this myself from years
of noodling around on the harp... here is the link that I watched with
an interview of Mickey... at about 7:40 he talks about this diatonic
scale.

https://youtu.be/XjbRdj5svs4

Again, the 4-5 draw trill always works, and bending on the 4 draw.

Hope this helps!

Ken H in OH