[Harp-L] "Love is Blue" harmonica instrumental

David Pearce harpdog123@xxxxx
Sat Jul 23 22:05:21 EDT 2016

 Many moons ago I was trying to play "Love is Blue" on the diatonic harmonica and became frustrated when I couldn't find the notes I needed.  I've never really cared for chromatic harmonicas.  After that I became obsessed with designing a chromatic harmonica that could bend like a diatonic and I came across an article by Brendan Power on half-valved chromatics.  It's not a new idea, but I find my design more satisfying than Hohner's offerings.  Here's a demo of me playing "Love is Blue" on my design for a half-valved chromatic harmonica.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgvBk6ApjCiPFjAstHWE8AQ