[Harp-L] Double tonguing

Michelle LeFree mlefree@xxxxx
Sun Jul 10 06:45:18 EDT 2016

Richard L Williger asked:

> Those of you who double on sax/flute/other wind instruments:  do you apply
> double-tonguing techniques in harp?  If so, how?

Yes, but only when lip pursing. I use the articulation that I was taught
as a tuba player by my first chair symphony teacher back in the dark
ages. Ta ka ta, ta ka ta, ta ka ta...

Softer consonants as with didleydoo don't produce the sharp attack and
staccato sound you're usually trying for when triple tonguing in the
first place, IMO. But it might also be a matter of taste or
song-specific as well.

I wonder what Buddy Greene would say? I think he's on the L. Buddy?

Michelle