[Harp-L] 6 draw flatted

Randy Redington rwredington@xxxxx
Sat Jul 9 07:41:42 EDT 2016

I've been told that music theory is a suggestion... kinda like the speed
limit in Arizona. Lol!
Breaking the rules is part of the game.
Listen to some Beach Boys music.

---
Randy Redington
Surrendered...

*Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE smartphone

On Jul 8, 2016 6:29 PM, <jim.alciere at xxxxx> wrote:

Hi
Music theory question. I wrote the chords to this song on the piano--that's
the logical, music theory part of my brain. I then wrote a melody on the
harmonica, which knows nothing about music theory. Disdains it, really.
So the chorus, in the key of E, starts on an F, then F#, then F, then F#.
For some reason the harmonica thought this was perfectly fine to play over
an E chord. Is there any logic to this? Then I alternate between a D and a
B and I'm doing that over a D chord. It sounds okay, but why?

Thanks

--
Jim
​my​