[Harp-L] Blues Harp Classes Begin Tues. July 5 in Philadelphia PA

zepharpo@xxxxx zepharpo@xxxxx
Sat Jul 2 22:33:48 EDT 2016

From:  Seth Holzman, PO Box 866, Ardmore PA 19003-0866

           Cell Tel.: 610-724-3168;
           Email: zepharpo at xxxxx
           Saturday, July 2, 2016

Dear Fellow Harmonica Enthusiast:
    I hope that you are doing well!
    The Independence Day Holiday is here!  Happy 4th of July!  Happy Birthday USA!
    Now is a great time to sign up for a summer harmonica class!
    Announcing Harmonica Classes in Philadelphia PA:
    Seth Holzman Teaches Harmonica Classes and Private Lessons!
    Seth's "Blues Harmonica 1" and "Blues Harmonica 2" classes begin really soon!

    My Tuesday Night Harmonica Classes begin in just a few days - on Tuesday July 5!  Register now!

    There is still room in my two Blues Harmonica classes that run this summer on Tuesday nights - Blues Harmonica 1 from 6:30 to 7:45 PM and Blues Harmonica 2 from 8:00 to 9:15 PM.
    Where?  At the Philadelphia Folksong Society (PFS) building at 7113 Emlen Street (just off Lincoln Drive, in the Mt. Airy section of Philadelphia), Philadelphia, PA 19119.
    The room is air conditioned!
    When?  The classes will begin Tuesday July 5 and run through Aug. 23.
    Which class is the right one for me?  If you have taken a Beginning Harmonica class with me, or if you have acquired similar skills (please call or email me to if you haven't taken the prerequisite class), then Blues Harmonica 1 is probably right for you.
    If you have already taken Blues Harmonica 1 with me (or have similar skills), then Blues Harmonica 2 is probably right for you.
    Registration:
    Each 8 week course will cost $95.00 ($85.00 for PFS members).  Registration will be handled by PFS (not by me).  An additional textbook fee of $8.00 will be required. (The Blues Harmonica 1 textbook will probably be used in most of the classes.  You may already have it.)
    You may register for these classes through the Philadelphia Folksong Society (PFS).  Either call them at 215-247-1300 or go to www.pfs.org.  The PFS website has been updated, so you may register by visiting their website.
    For your convenience, here is a direct link to the PFS website page to register:

    https://civi.pfs.org/civicrm/event/register?id=41&reset=1

    To see the course descriptions, here is a link:

    http://pfs.org/our-organization/pfs-music-lessons/

    (Note: In the Fall and Spring, my harmonica classes are also offered by the Mt. Airy Learning Tree (MALT).  However, you will not be able to register through MALT for these Summer harmonica classes.  MALT is not involved in these Summer classes.).

    Also: I’ll be doing the harmonica workshops at the Riverfront Blues Festival in Wilmington DE, Sat. Aug. 6 and Sun. Aug. 7.

    If you prefer, I am available for private one-on-one harmonica lessons.
    If you would like to host a harmonica class at your house or office, please let me know and we’ll set up a private harmonica class at your place.  It could be any level, beginning, intermediate or advanced, and for any of several styles of harmonica playing - Blues, Rock ’n’ Roll, Folk, Country, Chromatic Harp, etc.  Just let me know!

 I've been teaching harmonica classes since 1975 in the Boston MA area; the
Syracuse NY area; in New York City; and finally in the Philadelphia PA area
(I've moved several times over the years).  And I have taught private harmonica
lessons since the early 1970's.

    Call me (Seth) at 610-724-3168 (cell phone) or email me at zepharpo at xxxxx for
information about harmonica classes and private lessons.

    Call, text, or email me if you have any questions.
    Thanks for taking the time to read this.
    I hope to see you soon!
    Best,
    Seth