RE: [Harp-L] Take five

I appreciate the detailed info published to the list about playing this piece in 3rd, 5th, etc. positions on the diatonic.  I hope no one will be deeply offended if I point out that this piece lays out very nicely on a C chromatic harp in the original key.  There are few jumps or changes in direction of more than a third, and not having to concentrate so heavily on bending to correct pitch frees the player to concentrate on the line rather than details of execution.  I  would go so far as to say that for a player with solid skills on the diatonic, "Take Five" makes for a nice introduction to the chromatic.

Regards, Richard Hunter