[Harp-L] An interesting thing happened at the post office.

I live outside of New Orleans and I go to the local Post Office to mail out New HarveyHarps and repaired harmonicas out to customers frequently, so they all know me, and what I ship. ÂI was in there today, and all of a sudden I heard someone playing some pretty good Harmonica. ÂI turned around, and at the back of the room was the PostMaster, with a really old guy who was playing the harp. ÂWhen I turned, the postmaster laughed and told they guy "See, I know you could get his attention" ÂI asked the guy to stay there until I was done and I went and talked to him. ÂHe was 94 years old and Italian, and he looked like he might have been in his 70s. ÂHe had thick curley white Âhair and all his teeth as was as steady as a kid. ÂHe told me he started playing when he was 14 in Italy. ÂI gave him one of my cards and told him that I was a harp tech. ÂI found out that he just lives a few blocks from me and we wound up having about an hour conversation. ÂHe stopped frequently to entertain the people coming into the Post Office, and singing to all the ladies with a great voice. ÂI looked at his harp, and it was a beat up old Pre War Marine Band in Bb, and still sounded great. ÂI asked him how many harps he has and he said 3. ÂI regret that I did not have a harp on me, which I usually do, but I am sure that I will see him again someday. He gave me his name, but at my young age of 70 I forgot it. ÂI gave him a couple of my cards and told him that I would gladly clean and fix up his harps for him free of charge out of respect for who he is and what he does. Â
What a neat day.