[Harp-L] quartal harmony

I read that Coltrane's A Love Supreme has a section where the pianist plays
6/9 chords (1,4, and 5) while Coltrane played quartal harmonies.

So I tried played 6/9 chords on the keyboard while trying to arpegiate
quartal chords on the harp. Makes a nice practice drill. Also, get some
pretty harmonies--playing a flatted 7th against a 6th.

âThis drill forces me remember where the notes are on the harmonica, and is
a good way to practice the double bend on the 2 draw, and the single bend
and double bend on the 3 draw.

I can play this at about 45 bpm so far.â

Jim
âmyâ

https://soundcloud.com/subbourbon

https://www.facebook.com/SubBourbonite