[Harp-L] better living through th Internet
- To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] better living through th Internet
- From: jim.alciere@xxxxxxxxx
- Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 22:12:34 -0500
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:from:date:message-id:subject:to:content-type; bh=iHjR1G2LKBZaJgZFhA5TJ7xiK0vNepMgrGrkrW0Vrzk=; b=O+g73Su09i8NGbVaVpQrDVHDhZRv+wNR4BAek77j2mVGfYYJS87cHI4S/fW6OVfYVP /QXKhrUjGO9+u5AEI+PbT9+QSWWpNR5EwW+04stVNMyfsZ0gZrOjdi6GaRvaeIAx6ZW5 akIaNOanwTFW7QF+04QDnExJfa+Ru6DiAqac20G9w+IcFex+ojGx8kaWGXMwHkFSjFV3 ZJSG8puwJxTqhuELICPc5iQiMsrSxtwhM+JoNQBTwhFJMod3x8n+IoXZGqNvdIlrnYe3 E3YbOxWzdJPc+paFgURw3fY3ZbDHeD05g93Eqce1C1vURz5VjZL0orOUyDLYCvMMHmeG 5aXQ==
I want to thank Richard Sleigh for his informative emails. I've been
playing for over forty years, even done gigs, but have never really been
happy with my sound. Richard recommended a Jason Ricci video (thank you,
Jason) on You Tube where Jason suggested practicing the minor pentatonic
scale. If Jason and Richard think it's a good idea it probably is.
So I gave it a try, but I wasn't real good on the 3 bend. So, back to You
Tube. Jerry Portnoy had a great video on how to bend notes--designed for
begining harp players. Wish I knew this years ago. Thank you, Jerry.
One of the suggested videos was Magic Dick discussing tone. He said
essentially, that he could hear a difference between his pucker embrochure
and his tongue block. Thank you. So I'm back to practicing tongue block.
The only problem is, practicing a minor pentatonic scale is boring. I found
out You Tube has tons of jam tracks. I've been practicing to Pink Floyd's
Wish You Were Here.
For one brief minute, before going to work, I heard it. The tone I've been
looking for. Hopefully I can call it back tomorrow.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and