Re: [Harp-L] chromatic mouthpiece plating
- To: jon kip <jon@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] chromatic mouthpiece plating
- From: Vern <jevern@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 17:04:28 -0800
- Cc: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=fea.net; s=briansetupdkservice; h=x-mailer:to:references:message-id:cc:date:in-reply-to:from :subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=/obLBjBRp3ujG7elh2jLuugUZYA22j/uzuiVN3uGDdk=; b=Zmy6EGIb8xagiTFZEzEan6dvdHNk7U0uwX7Rfun2RitJVjItUrnEnmNlfYXzGZf+u h1kKrCBiebvYXQZ36TxIw==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; q=dns; d=fea.net; s=briansetupdkservice; h=received:content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :cc:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; b=U609h0bnEUMT5K1JZujkVpHWLRndNECGlKzwgXLXxG79xr+X7DDqr3/tVew9jmioV 6oPTnE6oedbBUMoGx99Kg==
- In-reply-to: <1FBE752B-E21A-4F35-8DC6-BCC7F08EB818@jonkip.com>
- References: <201602171737.u1HHavLJ022709@harp-l.com> <1FBE752B-E21A-4F35-8DC6-BCC7F08EB818@jonkip.com>
I have never used this product so I cannot endorse it from personal experience. However, if I were faced with the your problem. I would try it. The claims look good. If it doesnât work, it wonât cost you more than about $20 and a mouthpiece.
A few Years ago, Siegfried Naruhn made some brass CX12 covers that he coated with some kind of baked-on teflon. They made excellent, slick mouthpieces. I suggest that baked-on Teflon coatings is a subject you may find worth exploring.
> On Feb 17, 2016, at 3:54 PM, jon kip <jon@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> So for me, it seems that the life span of Original Plating of the deluxe 270 round holed mouthpieces is about nine years.
> More than a few are becoming rough, especially around the notes I actually know, which, at some point, will become annoying, and I'll have to learn other notes.
> Any suggestions for ways to replate them? Some tried and true method. What would be really convenient would be to go to Home Depot and see a spray can of stuff labeled "RePlating for Hohner Chromatic Harmonicas."
> While the Universe seems to provide for most of my needs, it seems to have fallen down on The Job with this one.
> And yes, it'll be quite some time before I'll be able to truthfully say "Oh, sorry, I missed that passage because my mouthpiece is just so rough and I'm so delicate"....
> But it would be nice to have one of those "Plan" things I've read about.
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
> I bet one of the horn-smashers in this group will know The Answer.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and