[Harp-L] An Off List Email I intended For the Group...
- To: Harp-L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] An Off List Email I intended For the Group...
- From: Chris Hofstader <cdh@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 09:30:19 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=hofstader.com; h=from :content-type:content-transfer-encoding:subject:date:references :to:message-id:mime-version; s=hofstader.com; bh=qR5GkYwPOdT1ZjD 2uZKX7MJusEc=; b=Ujo2PvClAXyrLbLKIjlCXRLNM8qLUcvCzA1UWmDcWshoyu0 4JPhG+1WmM60G3feu5pmeFrnq9+6EFd7DDmYgMt/sixUqqO6FmgccTQa+XoaxqOy pmAt5vY0asOr//cCX2X7D13W4Su7kiyD0XR1Pjd8Kfoadj89ulpstRh/n7IE=
- References: <B6BAC39A-17E8-4A6C-85E0-59437BB60D78@gmail.com>
>> hi Joe,
>> I just took a quick look at your web site. Whether by design or by luck, itâs perfectly accessible for blind computer users. A bunch of we blinks are assembling a list of links to accessible resources about music of all kinds and weâll add you to our harmonica page. Itâs a great stereotype that all blind men are musicians and, in part, this has a basis in truth; for decades, the only job a blink could get was playing music but, very sadly, few music related web sites follow the standards required to ensure accessibility not just to blind people but people with all sorts of other disabilities too. Thus, weâre trying to find a way to reward those sites that are compatible with the standards and yours is a shining example of how to do it right.
>> If anyone else here has a web site that you would like checked for accessibility, please write to me off list (we donât want to get into a discussion of esoteric standards, guidelines and such on this list) and Iâll give your site a quick once over and provide suggestions for improvement if I find any problems. The most common problems can be remediated in a couple of minutes and Iâm happy (for this community) provide no cost consulting if youâre willing to do the little bit of work necessary to come into compliance with the standards and the law (ADA Restoration Act, 2008).
>> Thanks Joe and Happy Hacking to all of you,
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and