[Harp-L] A bit of brand new music from Slide Man Slim & Penny Hanna

Slim Heilpern slim@xxxxx
Wed Dec 28 17:07:21 EST 2016

Hi All -

While this is primarily a vocal tune, it has a short chromatic harmonica feature which some of you may enjoy. It’s brand new (we finished recording yesterday) and it also represents my debut on pedal steel guitar (hope that doesn’t scare you away!).

This comes out of a recent annual family tradition where I (cheapskate that I am) write a love song or two on the occasion of Penny's birthday (in lieu of diamonds, pearls, or other earthly gifts) this is one of the ones I wrote for her this year:

https://slimandpenny.com/web/articles/noGreaterThrill/ <https://slimandpenny.com/web/articles/noGreaterThrill/>

Some of you may notice an effect on the backing harmonica part during the first chorus and be wondering what it is -- it's simply a chorus plugin that comes with Cubase.

Also, if you're interested, we just posted an installment of our very occasional newsletter:

http://slimandpenny.blogspot.com/ <http://slimandpenny.blogspot.com/>

Happy New Year to y'all!

- Slim.

www.SlimAndPenny.com