[Harp-L] Announcing the Harmonicaster electric harmonica

Ronnie Schreiber autothreads@xxxxx
Sun Dec 25 20:13:48 EST 2016

The concept will work with a chromatic and in fact in some ways it would
be easier to make since you don't need a removable cassette to change
keys. The form factor on the pickups might be a factor if I wanted to
use something off of the shelf, perhaps something intended for a 6 or 7
string electric bass might be wide enough to span the 12 reeds. If not,
I'd have to  make custom pickups.

Speaking of form factors, I'm launching with Lace Sensors based on one
of their off-the-shelf units. Other manufacturers make pickups in the
same form factor and mounting dimensions that should work (with some
modifications) in the Harmonicaster (TM). Long term that presents
options for using differently voiced pickups. Why should guitar
gearheads have all the fun?