[Harp-L] Some questions on playing better....

Leonard Schwartzberg leonard1@xxxxx
Thu Dec 15 19:11:44 EST 2016

I hold left/cup right...... although I'm a lefty, I'm totally locked into
the right handed style.   Somewhat naïve when I began, since I stuck it into
my left hand, like everyone else, I guess it now feels natural.   As to TB
and bending, I'm open to ideas making the 2 and 3 draw(s) bold, clean, and
stronger.   Thanks again.

-----Original Message-----
From: Harp-L [mailto:harp-l-bounces at xxxxx] On Behalf Of
bad_hat at xxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2016 7:05 PM
To: harp-l at xxxxx
Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Some questions on playing better....

Left handed harmonica players hold right, cup left.  Generally speaking
that is.  You could reverse the low notes by flipping the harmonica over
low notes on your right, high notes on your left.  Then you would be
mirroring what the way the vast majority of right handers play.  There
are not left handed harmonicas but I heard a rumour that Seydel was
going to introduce a chromatic with reversible slide actuation.  Might
not have been Seydel, that's just my best guess.  In this regard
harmonicas are vastly superior to chainsaws, corkscrews and can openers.

If it works for you holding left cupping right would be fine.  I can't
imagine it myself but hey some left handed people use scissors with teir
right hands,  I do think there is advantage to holding on the side the
low notes are because it's a lot easier to get a tight cup on the low
end which is where it matters the most.

---