[Harp-L] Re. Hands Free Chromatic

Chris Reynolds c_reynolds2571@xxxxx
Wed Aug 24 10:21:04 EDT 2016

Thanks for the kind words Brendan. I wish I could have been there for the seminars. I just need to make a sample of the 260 to ensure everything works ok, and then I'll start on the 280. The cross tuned 280 HFC will probably take a bit more work to get it all worked out, however I've finished the cad work and cnc programs.

Chris Reynolds

Owner - BlowYourBrassOff.com - Maker of fine custom harmonicas

http://www.blowyourbrassoff.com

http://www.facebook.com/blowyourbrassoff

Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:38 pm (PDT) . Posted by:
"Brendan Power"
Good to see Chris Reynolds continuing to enhance Vern Smith's excellent
invention: the Hands Free Chromatic.

Anyone who was at SPAH would have heard the effortless jazz mastery of
Enrico Granafei on the HFC, played in tandem with his 7 string guitar/bass.
It's astonishing the way Enrico has single-handedly created a whole new and
very attractive sound with two little-used, almost experimental instruments.
He is to be applauded!

If you are a rack player and want to have the ability to easily play in all
keys with full chromatic scales, the HFC is the state of the art. Such an
elegantly simple design, I hope Enrico's example encourages more people to
adopt it.

Enrico, if you're reading: what about putting up some instructional videos
for the HFC to get others inspired to give it a go?

Brendan