[Harp-L] New slider bass video

Shirley, John John_Shirley@xxxxx
Tue Aug 9 22:22:13 EDT 2016

Well, Delta cancelled my flight today so I missed the Blues Blow-Off in San Antonio….

I spent the time instead finishing up a music video of a heavy metal song prominently featuring the new slider bass harmonica.

https://youtu.be/tlPeY4LxJnI

As you likely already know, the slider bass is one of Brendan Powers’ new creations. I acquired mine through George Miklas who assembles them from Brendan’s parts here in the US.

Check it out:
http://www.brendan-power.com/slider-bass.php

This Friday at SPAH, from 3:30-5pm, George will be presenting on this amazing new instrument. I am a huge fan (of both George and the slider bass) so I’d encourage you to check them out!

Anyway, enjoy the video!

(and maybe I’ll make it to SPAH tomorrow: fingers crossed!)

- John

John Shirley, Professor of Music
UMass Lowell