Re: [Harp-L] Double Reed Plate Harmonicas
- To: Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Double Reed Plate Harmonicas
- From: Vern <jevern@xxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2016 01:26:13 -0700
- Cc: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=fea.net; s=briansetupdkservice; h=x-mailer:to:references:message-id:content-transfer-encoding:cc :date:in-reply-to:from:subject:mime-version:content-type; bh=xmJqa4qYY+UvIz/0iY8gNSqRCxGggEsg3Ayyid7CNNI=; b=SZjkyliIE2CCYqsygBEZwTTJowA3K48opyZ44OaT2RrBBIzE52USZxqYTIrSMjxfC QBmnIL23tcdM378CSJrqw==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; q=dns; d=fea.net; s=briansetupdkservice; h=received:content-type:mime-version:subject:from:in-reply-to:date :cc:content-transfer-encoding:message-id:references:to:x-mailer; b=nkmTA7gcu91uiocnrhxB96P12HbCdiXMWNO9vPp7qVz1h3/LIi2eUFv+ihuLBoFKF iFc7N6IBcNOCk6RCcHFVg==
- In-reply-to: <41E26659-3448-4E4A-B1A4-9A5A1781B150@comcast.net>
- References: <A40F57BD-6D10-42FD-8D7F-CF040F5205B7@comcast.net> <41E26659-3448-4E4A-B1A4-9A5A1781B150@comcast.net>
I’m with Halchak on this one.
Let P = volume swept by the moving Piston.
H = Head volume at the top of the stroke.
R = compression Ratio.
(H + P) is the total volume at the bottom of the stroke
R = vol at bottom of stroke / vol at top of stroke, or R = (H + P) / H
If P is bored larger, then R is also larger….assuming that you don’t mess with the head volume H.
> On Apr 9, 2016, at 6:12 PM, Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Begin forwarded message:
>> From: Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: April 9, 2016 9:11:31 PM EDT
>> To: Vern <jevern@xxxxxxx>
>> Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Double Reed Plate Harmonicas
>>>> ….If you bore out the cylinders on an engine to make them larger, it increases the displacement and raises compression.
>> If you bore out a cylinder and make the volume of the cylinder larger, you reduce the compression.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and