[Harp-L] CD: 'Somewhere on the edge of time'
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx harp-l" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] CD: 'Somewhere on the edge of time'
- From: Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2016 17:56:03 -0400
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1459893364; bh=Q0vKFA8iD3QFfAUXund/2y/ljln5O1QzfmInvq2tlr0=; h=Received:Received:From:Content-Type:Subject:Date:Message-Id:To: Mime-Version; b=De5F5AbpfnAwJ48lfYcYUoSKkBh9226B/2UVHfF/7cMfXvd+GOhY0YgQAluPTVbGk p2SSz3CxS60jS3JWnKBLJu4jeiO3Tax3G/NlQx2L+MpmS1dmelO5/G9kUgGeEdXAv8 QOgM8ZEY72e7ALpjp6HoU3fFgzxUS5z+1mka33VNy/kTh9AHB5bV5L69ebsbF7ZuQd /eKqb+mYmvaj5F6BHsOSqE58rrMA0VQioIkOZM6/3/tx/3A5i91DN/UE7ZyR9cD19e npAogd+jUbGRY8PF74ZH/Ei8TnAz2cRbgE51YjhAhxy/xZQsV9Nco2YLZPK+KV5Inm EsVI/p/yaaTuA==
Ok, what happened t'other day was that a package came in the mail from France. It contained 2 CDs. I was able to play one today as I was on the road
and my little car has a good mp3 player.
Hot dang..I was totally stunned. Not an easy task to stun me, but there I was. I had to pull over and listen to this CD by 'Jumpin Jivin Jerome Peyrelevade'
Le Roi et l'harmonica diatonique. Admittedly this is modern jazz and may be a bit deep for some, but I think it is 'Fantastique'. And this young man IS quick.
Some of the runs reminded me of Django's style. Some of the timing reminded me of the famous 'Spain' (by Barbieri). But all in all it is the most original
sound I have ever heard. A bit of French influence on bee bop, re bop, hard bop, and Latin. Oh, did I mention that this guy is quick?
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and