[Harp-L] Re: TRANSFORMER HELP

Hi Randy... I have just what you need, several different  options.  Prices
include US shipping

NOS Archer Radio Shack -Japan- Model 274-017.  1/4 TS  (mono/unbalanced)
female x 3 pin XLR male.
It's a solid 1 piece tube, nothing there to come  apart.  If you look very
close you can see a few tiny  nicks from being stored in a drawer with some
other transformers,  the black band label still looks new... cosmetics are
99 out of 100.  The plastic blister display packaging was still  sealed but
badly tattered and dried when I got it  many years ago. Eventually fell apart
and was  discarded.   $30

Switchcraft -US-, likely also NOS but I don't have  documentation.  This
one has the female 1/4 end on a short pigtail,  very rare unit.  Cosmetics are
98 of 100, just some tiny scuffing on the  label covering the entire XLR
side.  The original label never  had a model/part number.  Very good quality,
the pigtail  increases usefulness in many situations but may not be as
durable  as single piece unit.  $40

Hosa  MIT-129 -China-.  Hosa is well known for  producing lower end items
so probably? a lower quality xfmr and  cheaper wiring and lower soldering
quality inside... or maybe  not?  The 2 piece body will be less durable than
the  single piece Archer but is still fairly sturdy.  Get it only if  price is
the primary concern, the others I'm listing are better  quality. Excellent
cosmetics w/just a couple tiny label scuffs.   $21

Shure A95U  -US-. Very light use, cosmetics are 95 out of  100. This has
the male xlr you need, and a male 5/8 screw fitting  on the other end, same
connector as you see on the older JT-30  microphones.  These are very high
quality and extra  versatile, you can screw an adapter onto the 5/8 end and
convert that side  to either 1/4 male OR 1/4 female, OR XLR depending on which
adapter you select.  I also have adapters available if you don't  already
have one.  $32

Shure NOS A95U still in the original box & padding.   Same as  just above
in all other respects  $40 which includes the extra cost of  sending it with
the original box.

Also have several inline transformers with the  reverse configuration, i.e.
1/4 male x XLR female, also some with very  rare 4 pin connectors, plus
some adapters with no transformers  inside... lots of useful stuff here.

All include uninsured USPS 1st Class US shipping, all but  the NOS A95U
ship in a padded envelope (your risk).  I can use a  more expensive shipping
method and box it up but you'd have to pay the added  cost.  All are durable,
should be ok in the same bubble envelope  I've used to ship many dozens of
the Switchcraft 332 adapters and  other small durable items.

Christopher Richards
www. harmonicaplanet.com