[Harp-L] John Walden in Africa

I recorded my harmonica on  this track with the fantastic and VERY TALENTED
vocalist Cynthia Gentle, in  Edinburgh Scotland back in May 2015. I love to
play African music... This song  is from Senegal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WRTNv6Kwm-A

In a weeks time I expect to be back in Scotland. I really hope to be able
to perform (and record) more music with the great Cynthia Gentle when I get
back  there.

I have been playing African American music most of my life so far...
Started playing jazz on the chromatic harmonica when I was just 8 years old.
(Inspired by Dutch harmonica virtuoso, the great Max Geldray) When I was 13
years old, I heard âSad Hoursâ by Little Walter (Marion Walter Jacobs).
Started  to play diatonic âcross harpâ and I have been known as a âbluesmanâ
ever  since.
But Africa wasn't just the place that â the bluesâ was born. It was, and
remains the home of much absolutely fantastic music! For the past three
months I  have been working in East Africa as an un-waged Christian missionary.
This has  meant I have gotten to play my harmonica in Church almost every
day. It has been  wonderful. I have played SOME blues, but mostly I have
played Kenyan Gospel  music.
Within one week I expect to be back to my home in bonnie Scotland. I  am
English by birth, but have been based in Rutherglen Scotland for the past few
years.

I don't care where I reside in this world. Yes I love to travel, but that
really isn't important. What is important for me is to play my music. I play
 several musical instruments, but consider myself a âharmonicistâ first
and  foremost! Diatonic? Chromatic? Both wonderful instruments. I guess In my
heart I  like the chromatic best, but play my diatonics the  most.

Who cares? It isn't what you device you play that matters, it is the  MUSIC
that matters.

John âWhiteboyâ Walden
Just now in:
Shanzu, Coastal  Kenya.

(Otherwise known as Pastor, the Rev Dr VJ "John"  Walden)