Re:[Harp-L] how to record harmonica audio/video

"Brian Stear" wrote:
<FWIW, IÃÂÂm trying to record some bluegrass harmonica videos. I have a webcam, Logitech Webcam pro 9000, and Sonar 8. I canÃÂÂt seem <to get get the webcam to work with my audio. It recognizes the audio interface ( Edirol AU-25 ), but only records video with the <webcam mic selected.
<How do you guys do it? E-mail me off list..........Thanks for any and all help.

Sorry this is on-list, but I think it's of general interest.

I suggest that you use a separate device to capture the audio while you record the video.  Webcams aren't generally designed to capture high-fidelity audio.  It's not difficult to sync an audio recording with a video; in your video editing software, you import the external audio track, line it up with the audio track recorded by the webcam, then mute the webcam audio track.  Zoom and others sell digital recorders for about $100 (e.g. the Zoom H1) that do a much better job of audio capture than a consumer-grade webcam.

Regards, Richard Hunter