[Harp-L] First old-time song to learn question

Hi Brian,

You are on the right track with Seth, he's become one of my favorite
players.  Speaking of favorite players Tony Eyers turned me onto a great
practice tool for learning and practicing Bluegrass repertoire:

STEVE KAUFMAN'S FOUR-HOUR BLUEGRASS WORKOUT, VOLUME ONE
https://www.homespun.com/shop/product/steve-kaufmans-four-hour-bluegrass-workout-volume-one/

Along the same lines but geared for old time music is:

SLOW JAM FOR OLD TIME MUSIC with Bruce Molsky, Mark Schatz, Cathy Fink and
Marcy Marxer,
https://www.homespun.com/shop/product/slow-jam-for-old-time-music/

My advice would be to pick up the slow jam for old time music and learn the
tune that you find most appealing by ear. The tunes are rendered by an all
star band at standard tempo and half tempo.  The goal is to blend as
seamlessly as possible with the fiddle. This will give you the foundation
and vocabulary to learn future tunes by ear, most important - tabs are
death.

Feel free to get in touch if you'd like more ideas.

Best for the holiday!
Trip

--
*Trip Henderson*