Re: [Harp-L] Sinuses and Chromatics

Well, I've had sinus trouble all my life, which means 60+ years. My problem manifests itself as a blocked right nostril. I can clear it by being out in the fresh air, by leaning over to the left, and by engaging in certain activities inconsistent with harmonica playing.  ;-) Most of the time I just have to put up with it. I thought for years that it was a recurring infection, but I was eventually told that I have a nerve in my face that just doesn't work very well. I wouldn't get too obsessed with harmonica cleaning. Just wash your unvalved, plastic combed harps under a stream of warm water. Any harp that can't be cleaned that way,  wipe the mouthpieces well and allow them to dry out thoroughly after playing before putting them away. Germs, if there are any, can't stand being desiccated!

All the best. I feel your pain!