[Harp-L] single 12" speaker config vs 2 x10" speaker config?

I don't think there is any one standard fits-all answer to this question.
It depends on the speakers, on the cabinet, on the amp head, on the mic,on
the room, etc.  If you have the opportunity, experiment with what you have,
and try the combinations you can get to add to it.  I have had good luck
either way, depending on the speakers, the cabinet, the amp head, the mic,
the room etc.  Usually one 12" cab is lighter to lug around.

Doug S.