Re: [Harp-L] Little Walter is overrated

I think it's amazing that LW was able to create what he did with so many obstacles in his way. From what I've read, he was poorly educated, grew up in poverty, violent, addicted to drugs and alcohol and probably mentally ill. He produced a solid body of work prior to being murdered at age 37. He had a sound and tone that players today are still trying to emulate; few succeed. I couldn't even be qualified to carry his amp.