RE: [Harp-L] Cool cats

I lived in LA 1998-2000 and Freddie Brooks was my hero.Though just a few years older than I he was everything I aspired to be: a great harp player/singer that had a steady band with lots of work and wrote his own songs that were firmly rooted traditional Blues but not slavish imitation.
He one CD "One Little Word" is worth seeking out.
Freddie lives in Northern California and does not play anymore.
Ryan