Re: [Harp-L] Re: Totally bored with the blues genre

Just like most forms of music, it starts out as revolutionary (country blues coming to the big city and getting amplified). Traditionalists in those days may have complained that electric is not the "real deal", but eventually capitulated because of the force behind this move.

Then, that revolutionary approach becomes more the norm and resists any further revolution until something so compelling comes along that it can't be ignored.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ray Beltran <raybluemax@xxxxxxxxx>
To: harp-l <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: 3N037 <3N037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Tue, May 5, 2015 7:49 am
Subject: [Harp-L] Re: Totally bored with the blues genre

Love it, especially this part:

>> Then, over the years, people started to try
and improve blues. I have to give a lot of credit to some of these people for
they really really studied the genre very hard and dissected it to the ength
degree, but they also turned it into a mathematical thesis. I (personally) don't
think that the early masters gave much thought to theory. Nor did they care.
They just wanted to play in their own gut bucket style. Playing from the gut.
Sitting on a bucket.

Ray.