RE: [Harp-L] Totally bored with the blues genre

I'm on board with Michael's final point--especially after re-reading Randy's original post. Where's your contribution to the blues harp canon? Why aren't YOU the Maceo Parker of the harmonica? I find it questionable that you would hold others in this harp community to a standard that you have not achieved.

I made an album that uses the harmonica in the way that I WANT TO. I'm not beholded to boogey-men, "blues Nazi's", the guys at blues jams or least of all someone with a negative rant on Harp-L. AND--I am SO very grateful to be doing it and earning a living. I don't want to be Maceo or Popper or Walter or Hendrix--I want to be me. Isn't that self-evident? Isn't that what we want from artists?

Randy: Check out track #7. It is first and foremost A SONG. Harp is secondary but prominent. I'm a big boy I can take a critique... (this goes for all harp-L I guess...) but my point is... I'M PUTTING IT OUT THERE!
http://noahhoehn.com/home/

Finally, to point to Robert Cray as the artist whose career was lampooned by the mythical "blues Nazis"--I mean... Robert Cray?!?
1. Has 5 grammys
2. WAS INDUCTED INTO THE BLUES HALL OF FAME IN 2011!!!!!!!!

Good Thread,
Noah