Re: [Harp-L] Whiskey Before Breakfast - Rack Harp
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Whiskey Before Breakfast - Rack Harp
- From: Gary Lehmann <gnarlyheman@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 07:29:33 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :content-type; bh=MhKitPzjHE9K0B7vgMZpWaWjl4e7G1bYs7lwAkcH9ec=; b=EacvKT9YS+U3mvysaiEcmmQXCd8sFUfIeW/iiMHaQs6+syPx9D9kR7HM6OKLE/VI4S c0BMa5tLJZCvcGlxZFExYUmMlL62FmLhQ93oJkDHkNLIWE6bSfKHJt5A09YfHJHLzGPI hhKD/DjdBswPkosaZSUeFCNP2sYfJ8dLdJZ3zB0FFUpfmFje2TwISEQ/CTL8qIvLgbMu SOSxpQLzWLGxWYq4gnnIpB4qD13kSH5Rx8tqV0WZRAfR0df+4JYRYDq+PX3HTG/CGjRO iCvhc4sFP5g0VPSMjiIRLp92zkW28Ddil1xK8rlf/twBbwjK79zY7dAi0I8ZzeWZ0K/N IPDQ==
- In-reply-to: <5512172E.email@example.com>
- References: <5512172E.firstname.lastname@example.org>
I make good use of Tony's tuning on these kinds of tunes, basically he
raised the notes on hole one and two of a Melody Maker so that there are no
missing major scale notes--the blow chord then becomes a V7, and the draw
chord extends the tonic chord down to the relative minor.
So a C Richter becomes a G Melody Maker, and then to become a Major Cross,
blow 1 and 2 become D F# and draw 1 becomes E.
The word "become" is starting to look weird to me now, gotta stop.
Oh no, now the word "weird" looks strange . . .
On Tue, Mar 24, 2015 at 7:02 PM, Tony Eyers <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Nicely done. Playing guitar at the same time is impressive.
> I play the tune as well, using Major Cross tuning. It's essentially Melody
> Maker, with extra notes at each end.
> Tony Eyers
> everyone plays...
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and