[Harp-L] Tony Luisi
- To: <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Tony Luisi
- From: "Tom Stryker" <tstryker1@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 11:53:28 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=from:to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version:content-type :thread-index:content-language; bh=88wxg3X4pNnGjVjGA/s7b2irs0W5w+ZEjidoKQh4Aq4=; b=iYPPlycCYt7jM1lJqE2ku7HYo+bgcuIiOZtJQMfELX2aRx92b935J3WA0kKus6R643 P/XI//zAxGA4p7mSorCBvoDmoA63Hi4lD/+Mr7mQOqIG8OkbQgOsaqZywEWxkbpLidjL hNY15QNcn/2YuTArQf2vQXaxJJ4TTo32Rjv7w/edFRXGqCq2e0eTRDdihKJwXYuEW/zg ugS/NsEhROVEi0c/9gbvKP3nCtU8U6GgutrneL9zmvV+1zIACyFEiu3BTPrqLHQF+ifm kRjcREGeNEQolbhf1+WBVkxqDNerKdHNV56FzmkGxXuemXKGhUwoMoUR5Bk2yqLopzgr 1S3A==
- Thread-index: AdBkBP5RhBYWQkHES8SaNDY/A3O7Kw==
Some of you may recall the great Stagg McMann Trio and the great Jazz &
Classical arrangements they play. The Jazz arrangement were done by Tony
Luisi when he was 15 or 16 and the classical by his brother John Luisi.
Absolutely cutting edge music for the harmonica at the time. Tony went on
to become famous for his compositions, arrangement on keyboard for many
famous personalities. A few years ago Tony & I recorded EastàWest
Collaboration and this was the highlight of my recording career.
Unfortunately, Tony passed away Saturday. A humble and talented man and an
important part of harmonica history.
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and