[Harp-L] Western USA Harmonica Camp?

Hello All,

I've recently been contacted by a number of folks who are interested in attending a harmonica camp in Weiser, Idaho, the home of the National Oldtime Fiddlers' Contest & Festival.

National Oldtime Fiddlers, Inc. is a 501 (c) 3 non-profit corporation who's mission statement includes promoting education in traditional arts and music. This year we are hosting the following major events:
3-day Clawhammer banjo camp (April)
3 1/2 day Bluegrass banjo camp (May)
4 day Kids Bluegrass academy (June)
2-day banjo contest (June)
National Oldtime Fiddlers' Contest & Festival (June)
Bluegrass Festival (Labor Day Weekend)
Farmers Market with live entertainment (summer through fall)

The camps are held at Historic Slocum Hall and the Gymnasium next door with concerts and performances held at the Snake River Heritage Center (The next building over.) The spacious grounds include electrical hookups for up to 83 RV's. There are shower facilities in the basement of the Gym for women & men. We are currently renovating rooms at Slocum hall for our camp instructors to stay in. rooms are complete and two more will be finished next month. We are also working on a lounge area a jam rooms.

Weiser, Idaho is on the Oregon/Idaho border about 20 miles east of Ontario, Oregon and 70 miles west of Boise, Idaho.

Last year's bluegrass banjo camp included students from Japan, Australia, Canada, and the USA and had 35 attendees. This year instructors have been added and will host 60 campers, plus their families.

The grounds are perfect for a great learning experience in a community of 5,500 people.

If anyone out there in harmonica land is interested in involvement with "Harmonica Boot Camp" as a student or instructor please contact me off-list with suggestions and curriculum ideas.

My area of expertise is primarily country, bluegrass, rock, and blues, with an emphasis on playing melodies in second position on diatonic instruments.

Our goal is to provide an affordable, life changing, and fun experience for beginning through intermediate harmonica players in an awesome setting.

Best Regards,
Dennis M. Cooper
Harmonica Entertainer & Composer
2235 Paddock Avenue