RE: [Harp-L] wireless experiences?

chicago bluesman wrote:
<I echo Robert's report re: pairing the Audix-V a wireless system.  I use a Samson wireless rig that I purchased from Greg Heuman.

Ditto.  I bought my system from Greg at blowsmeaway.com; you can count on Greg to know what works for harp players. The Samson works very well, and it's terrific for getting the cable out of your face (and the audience's view).  I use the 1/4" output from the Samson to my RP500, and it sounds pretty much like what it sounds like without the wireless device in the chain.

One issue to be careful about is that the battery that powers the transmitter device, which is what plugs into your microphone, must be kept fresh.  If the battery runs out while you're playing, the wireless receiver will put out a very loud, continuous blast of white noise until you turn the receiver off.  The same applies when powering the rig up; turn on the transmitter before you turn on the receiver.

If you're careful to turn the transmitter off when you're not using the wireless setup, the battery lasts for a long time; haven't tracked the hours, but it's well past the time required for a gig. If you're at all nervous about it, I'd put a fresh AAA battery in the transmitter before every gig.

Regards, Richard Hunter