Re: [Harp-L] Re: KHS Music and Hohner

I'm pretty confident that won't happen. All Hohner's quality models are
made in Germany, and I believe the company has enough smart people
in-house and as advisors (Joe Filisko for example) to safeguard what
players really care about: Hohner's legendary sound and playability.

That's what has made the company No.1 for so long. There was a period from
about 1970 -2000 when reed response fell away due to worn out stamping
machines etc, but about 10-15 years ago they took steps to update all
their core processes and return the reedplates to the high quality
everyone expects of Hohner.

That quality is their biggest selling point, the basis of their
reputation, and the association with KHS (dating back to 1997) has not
compromised it so far, so there's no reason to expect the latest deal will
do so. As for prices, consolidating staff and admin with KHS America might
help to keep them lower than they would be otherwise, due to savings in
efficiency.

Brendan