[Harp-L] Re: Popper and Fender Harp

The red knob version of the Twin has long been a go-to amp for  Charlie
Musslewhite. He plays harp through one channel and guitar through the  other,
gets GREAT harp tone with that setup.  I had to source one for  him for a
festival, wound up finding it for a decent price and  bought it outright. If
you want to hear how it sounds Charlie told me  he used one to record the
"Delta Hardware" album.  But yes, it's  stupidly heavy, 85 pounds, I wanted to
keep it but getting it in and  out of my car was a deal breaker.  Sold it to
a player 20 years  younger who said he'd get buff carrying it around.  Used
it for a  while, sounded great even in a smallish room, but when I asked a
few months  later his response was "this -expletive deleted- thing is
killin' me".

I saw another famous harp player using TWO twins -not  the red knob
version- ganged together on a festival stage, that  setup sounded very nice as
well.  Overkill for a coffee shop, but the  Twin Reverb is indeed useable for
bigger stages.

Christopher Richards
Twin Tone Microphones - Harmonica Planet.com
Staging & Production - SPAH

In a message dated 3/5/2015 6:33:56 A.M. Mountain Standard Time,