[Harp-L] 8 week harmonica class in Brooklyn
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] 8 week harmonica class in Brooklyn
- From: Tony Eyers <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2015 14:05:57 +1100
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.5.0
8 weeks with Trip Henderson. Now that would be a learning experience.
Back in 1999 I spent 6 weeks in NYC, and was fortunate to meet Trip
early on. We have much in common, including a love of bluegrass and old
time tunes. Trip invited me to music parties, got me up on stage with
him, and generally made me feel at home. I returned the favour by
setting up a music computer for him, which was in pieces on his
apartment floor when I left.
My knowledge of harmonica and its culture roughly doubled during my time
in New York.
I've always intended to go back, to fix Trip's computer at least. So far
I haven't made it. Sydney is far away.
If you live in New York, then do yourself a favour and attend Trip's class.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and