Re: [Harp-L] RE:What about the Irish
- To: harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] RE:What about the Irish
- From: Michelle LeFree <mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 09:24:14 -0600
- In-reply-to: <201506260322.t5Q3LvKr025876@harp-l.com>
- References: <201506260322.t5Q3LvKr025876@harp-l.com>
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.7.0
Harping On wrote:
Grey Owl, your tunes are simply beautiful!
From: "Harping On"<harping.onandon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Harp-L] RE:What about the Irish
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
I love the sound of the Irish Uillean pipes Michelle and that is a great video.
I first came across the irish pipes watching a performance by Davy Spillane on Riverdance. The melody he played is called (Caoineadh Cu Chulainn) and I found it a most powerful and moving performance.
Here is the video:-https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mwxga8udIio
I tried to capture some of the essence of the pipes on harmonica on his song.
but it's missing that wonderful drone and soaring sound (a looper sounds a good option for the drone)- must give it another try!
I also wrote this harmonica part for my Dad R.I.P as a pipe style lament called 'In memory'https://youtu.be/wi4stMSgDkE
I'd love to hear them with a drone. I recall somewhere seeing someone
use a blown-up balloon hooked to a harmonica to create a drone effect. I
don't know, maybe I was dreaming. I should find a balloon and try it.
Thanks for those tunes,
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and