[Harp-L] Lorin Cohen

   Was reading the newspaper the other day...more people ought to try
it...and ran across a snippet on a new jazz recording by bassist Lorin
Cohen.  The instrumentation intrigued me because it included steel pans and
harmonica.  And the whole band seems to be touring together in support of
the cd.  The musicianship is superb, even if the tunes make me feel a bit
like I'm in an art gallery viewing landscapes.  Unfortunately, harmonica
player Yvonnick Prene is not on every cut but acquits himself well on these
two:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjHYZLJ_EYE. solo starts at 2:31

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r83Cpg0RLNk.  solo starts a 4:52

   If Prene is working out of New York City these days, that would give the
Big Apple three very stylistically distinct and highly skilled jazz
chromatic players:  William Galison, Hendrik Meurkens, and Yvonnick Prene.

Mick Zaklan