[Harp-L] zydeco harp

      I can get a zydeco accordion sound on tunes like Clifton Chenier's "All Night Long" by using a tremolo tuned diatonic harp played through a hand held mic and a tube amp. I've been using an old (pre-war) Hohner Echo harp with 40 double holes for this tune for years. It never fails to get the dancers out on the floor. The tuning is C and G (on alternate sides) and the model number is HH-55 or 55/80. Last time I saw a Hohner catalog is was also available in the keys of Bb-F and D-A.       I received mine as a gift from the wife of a recently deceased accordion repairman years ago when I was living in Los Angeles. At that time Clifton was still touring, though not in the best of health, and I caught him at The Sweetwater, where he and his band played the first set for 2 hours straight, without a break. Unbelievably, Clifton played standing up the whole time. It was one of the best musical experiences of my life. Pick up the album/CD Bayou Blues on the Specialty label for an even dozen of Clifton's best juke joint tunes, including "All Night Long", "Boppin' The Rock", "The Cat's Dreaming" and nine others. You won't be regret spending the cash. Pete Sheridan Jukester's Harmonica Supplies Vintage Harp Mics, plus... www.petesheridan.net
Old School Yearbook Pics
View Class Yearbooks Online Free. Search by School & Year. Look Now!
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/5571b12671e1031260827st01vuc