Re: [Harp-L] Powerdraw

As a fiddler, I don't understand what you did technically, but I understand what you accomplished and say, "Good on You!"

      From: David Fairweather <dmf273@xxxxxxxxx>
 To: "Harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Saturday, July 25, 2015 10:33 PM
 Subject: [Harp-L] Powerdraw

Tonight I used a "Powerdraw" diatonic in front of a paying audience for the
first time. The band I was with called Taj Mahal's "Fishing Blues" in D.
 I wasn't thrilled about playing it on an ordinary diatonic in 2nd
position for a few reasons, one of which was simply that a regular G harp
is kind of low and easy to get lost in the mix. I didn't have a High G
available, but I did have a G Powerdraw which is kind of like having a
High G because the upper register mimics the lower register and lets you
have the same draw bends up there.  It worked out quite well and the
audience was appreciative of my solo!