Re: [Harp-L] Octave pedal

I don't really know about double blinded tests, but I definitely hear that
all digital gear I ever own and tried except AxeFX (I owned Digitech,
Line6, tried Zoom, Boss) affect tone even when all effects are bypassed
(BTW Digitech have analog bypass, other don't). And I don't like the way
they affects tone even with bypassed effects. It's not about frequencies
and tone quality. It's still clear and warm. It's all about dynamics and
cutting through the mix. When I play solo or with nylon guitar or weak
guitar player or very quiet gig (like background music or soft jazz)
everything is ok with only digital rig. When I play comping (like organ
tones you mention) and I don't have to cut - I like digital rig. But when I
play solo over loud band I hardly hear myself with Line6 or Digitech, but
when it goes to stop time I understand how loud I am. Strange, but playing
through tube LW harpattack rather quiet keeps me hearing myself ok, while
playing through Line6 or Digitech much louder make me uncomfortable and
hardly hearing myself.

--
Thanks, Boris Plotnikov
http://borisplotnikov.ru