Re: [Harp-L] Little Ole Winedrinker.Billy Lee Reilly

Billie Lee was a part of the Sun/Sam Phillips stable of Rockabilly artists in the early 50's. From what I read, he was as talented as Jerry Lee, Johnny, Carl and maybe even Elvis! I recall seeing in the outstanding "The Blues" series by Scorcese, a conversation with Sun alumni, and Billy Lee gently confronted Sam Phillips for mismanaging his career. Sam claimed he was so busy promoting Jerry Lee that he might have failed to do right by Billie . At the end of the segment, Billie Lee is seen leaving the meeting playing "Amazing Grace" a capellini on the harmonica.

Sent from my iPhone