Re: [Harp-L] Chords

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 6:01 AM, Michelle LeFree <
mlefree@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> to my ear, that you've tuned your harps with no compromise to their
> temperament -

âclear and fair analysis!

Yes I have used compromised tuning to make chords smoother. My kit is mixed
now, as I experiment with both treatments. The trade-off is, as you
identified, tight unison with other ET instruments, or, smooth chords.
<grin>

Pat Missin has such a chart for Spiral. I will find the link if interested.
It sounded a little severe to me, and I have "compromised" that chart.

My Richters are all Just Intonation (lowered thirds) in the lower half for
the 2 big full chordsâ in second position (2P). I no longer choose Richters
for 3-4-5 position because the Spiral does minor pentatonic SO WELL, with
no traps, dead-end corners, etc.

I will be interested to learn how you proceed.

Robert Hale
Serious Honkage in Arizona
youtube.com/DUKEofWAIL
DUKEofWAIL.com