[Harp-L] Grant Dermody's, "Sun Might Shine on Me"

I’ve been really enjoying
Grant Dermody’s new CD, “Sun Might Shine on Me”. This is an excellent addition
to Grant’s previous CDs, “Crossing that River” and “Lay Down My Burden”: two
great recordings that I cherish in my collection. This new recording is a sweet
mixture of styles: country, folk, old-timey, blues, spirituals, Cajun,  and more. There is an awesome version
of Skip James’ “Illinois Blues”. Grant sings beautifully, clearly singing as
himself in his own, pure voice, belting out deep, emotional lyrics on several
original songs. His harp playing is classic Grant Dermody: big thick juicy
chords, voice-like vibrato, dead-on timing, and beautifully precise,
note-for-note melodies along with fiddles, banjos, and mandolins.

Grant and I have shared
tunes, songs, techniques,etc over the years and I am very fortunate to know him
as a friend and as a musical inspirer. I still am working on little pieces,
tunes, and techniques he has given me, and now after multiple listens to “Sun
Might Shine on Me”, I have a whole new slew of ideas. Please check out this
brilliant CD!

cheers,
Jim Conway

harp3333@xxxxxxxxxxx