[Harp-L] MUSIC VIDEO: "Fragments" by Scott Albert Johnson

Here's a music video for "Fragments" - Track 9 from my new album "Going
Somewhere":

https://youtu.be/ngMeF-WZ08w

Walker Percy once wrote in The Moviegoer, "Not for five minutes will I be
distracted from the wonder." Thatâs pretty much the way I feel all the
time: in awe of Creation and Infinity and very much unsure of what it all
means (but grateful for the chance to be here to consider it at all). I
wanted to try to capture this feeling in a song about the fundamentals of
who we are and where we are going. The essential ideas I had were
"connectedness" and "distance," and the paradox of how both concepts are
fundamental to our being.

The lyrics were influenced by such thinkers as Frank Tipler, Carl Sagan,
Michio Kaku, Nick Bostrom, St. Augustine and Alan Watts, among others.
Chalmers Davis came to me with a beautiful chord sequence and I came up
with a melody and matched it to the lyrics. It was an honor to be able to
co-write this with him. We recorded this in the beautiful-sounding Center
for Performing Arts at St. Andrew's Episcopal School (my alma mater) in
Ridgeland, Mississippi.

The video expands on this idea of distance and connectedness, and how they
are really the same thing, whether on a cosmological, microscopic, or human
scale.  (Harp content: I played in 1st and 12th positions, using Seydel
1847s in the keys of C and G.)
SAJ
---

**New album GOING SOMEWHERE out now!**ORDER NOW:
http://scottalbertjohnson.com/goingsomewhere