Re: [Harp-L] Chromonica 260 spring tension
- To: Robert Hale <robert@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [Harp-L] Chromonica 260 spring tension
- From: Joseph Leone <3n037@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2015 09:38:50 -0500
- Cc: Harp L Harp L <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=comcast.net; s=q20140121; t=1422455991; bh=wFEyLNo+jkGjgeKfjSwmQQFQ89XcJLILAq8dAH7+Ot8=; h=Received:Received:Subject:Mime-Version:Content-Type:From:Date: Message-Id:To; b=fiZaqQ8+4b3CcQiCuMx+HvcBLOOtz4F/p0M/fM75riH38NsLxDOG9WXuQ++u2CbNO 3s8bD6KaEf0xqwEiYA1xeHyToSGKFl+hOE4ttztN9ZQ19LFmnSHeYe5S57RPyr4aOT xcKrtY+EEtb66V3rt9kvds8bNlgPU/I9MgQQFDW6c3b0qd3yNrj7MMEVdBC3aaoM4i hAvGnevyW7C9LfhBGjpidQ/ccGpjSuNi2oEgM8Axy8564OxjTF/NDTXg/Ivnc2f2OF WDzWF1lghd3Q7NNZur3Qs43l34fJ01G2WzP+Z5NKYYSF4qAKlf55RaY5Rvy2KlWPzF xtYtOPi5IwULg==
- In-reply-to: <CAMLFfH5q0K0wiEMhjgTgFdT+97HCSjNsdivQecAXb74bRE-hvQ@mail.gmail.com>
- References: <CAMLFfH5q0K0wiEMhjgTgFdT+97HCSjNsdivQecAXb74bRE-hvQ@mail.gmail.com>
You can soften the spring by bringing the legs closer together. Like instead of 106 degree deflection angle, down to 71 degrees. Or anything in between.
OR since 1959 I have been using #2 safety pins in MY chromos. That's the one that is 2" (51mm) long and already has a deflection angle of 47 degrees.
You can play with the angle to get exactly the softness you desire. Trim and adjust bends to required shape.
On Jan 28, 2015, at 2:44 AM, Robert Hale wrote:
> I have two 10-hole Chromonica 260's. One slide feels like a stiffer spring.
> Can I order softer ones? Can I heat one? Other solutions?
> Robert Hale
> Serious Honkage in Arizona
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and