Re: [Harp-L] The Harmonica Project

Miriam wrote: “I am putting together a master list of all harmonicas
manufactured since the 1800's.”

Whew, that’s some project you’re taking on! I admire your ambition.

You don’t mention them in your post, but will it include harmonicas made in
Japan, China, Brazil and other countries?

If so, for Chinese harmonica history there is a very comprehensive (over 400
pages) hardback book that came out a couple of years ago called "Chinese
Made Harmonica Illustrations (中国口琴图谱)", by Zong Xiaohua and others.
All in Chinese of course, but it has lots of photos of early Chinese models
to recent times. I have a copy, and Pat Missin has a few he’s got available
for sale. You can contact him about it here:

http://www.patmissin.com/contact.html

Brendan

 <http://www.brendan-power.com/> www.brendan-power.com

 <http://www.youtube.com/BrendanPowerMusic>