[Harp-L] Bach on Harmonica and Tenor Guitar
- To: "harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx" <harp-l@xxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: [Harp-L] Bach on Harmonica and Tenor Guitar
- From: Tony Eyers <tony@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2015 13:43:45 +1100
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:31.0) Gecko/20100101 Thunderbird/31.4.0
Steve. Very good indeed. Most players, myself included, would not be
able to manage that piece.
Nonetheless, some suggestions. If you haven't already, check out the
piece in context, at http://youtu.be/9wo2P_mfFAU
In particular, listen for the subtle accents which the band places on
some of the beats. Try slowing it done, then placing a slight accent on
the first beat of every second bar (hard with all the bends of course).
When you play in unison with the guitar, try joining the notes in groups
of six, rather than separating them all, as you currently do.
In short, you've got all the notes, now give some thought to how they
are placed. Seemingly small changes can greatly improve the performance.
This archive was generated by a fusion of
Pipermail 0.09 (Mailman edition) and