[Harp-L] "Keepers of the Streak" Friday night at 7 PM Eastern

Hi all,

Just before the end of 2014, I did a couple of recording sessions for an ESPN made-for-TV movie called âKeepers of the Streak.â  The plot is basically an excuse to run 50 years of Superbowl highlights, and if you like football you'll probably enjoy those moments.  The music is country-rockish stuff, and thereâs a lot of harmonica on itâat least there was when I did the sessions (I haven't heard the final mix yet).

If youâre interested, this thing is going to run on ESPN tomorrow (Friday) night at 7 PM Eastern.  You are required to bring your own popcorn, beer, and buffalo wings; otherwise, the show is free (assuming you have ESPN, of course; otherwise itâs just not there, and you can do anything you like on Friday night instead).

Technical info: I used three different rigs to record my parts for this movie.  The first was an RP360XP running the GA40 patch from my latest patch set for RP360XP, coupled with a Shure 545SD mic equipped with a Bulletizer from Greg Heumann's Blowsmeaway productions; that's the rig for the amped-up sounds, and it was recorded straight from the RP's output to the board via a direct box.  The second, used for some of the acoustic harp tracks, was a large diaphragm Neumann condenser mic and a Grace 201 preamp, which is the studio's rig.  (I damn sure can't afford a Neumann...) Finally, I recorded a couple of cues in my kitchen in Idaho using a handheld Audix Fireball V mic and a Digitech RP355 running a patch I created for the session that uses a Direct amp model (which basically passes the signal straight from the RP's input to the outputs) and a littlebit of EQ to reduce the lowest and highest frequencies, no other FX involved.

Enjoy.

Regards, Richard Hunter
author, "Jazz Harp" (Oak Publications, NYC)
Twitter: lightninrick